Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Stagnant.

Still no workouts. Not a thing since the race. My teeth, or rather the holes where they once were, are causing all sorts of problems. No food/fuel+pain pills=no workouts.

I'm trying to look at this rationally. It's only been 8 days. It feels like months, and I'm not kidding or exaggerating. BUT it has only been 8 days. Even if I'm not back at it for the rest of this week. Two weeks won't ruin my fitness. And I'll be fine for Black Diamond.

It's the mental part I'm having a hard time with. I can't do any of the things I love doing. It's been bringing me down, but at least now I know what's wrong with my jaw (dry socket) and the dentist has me on a new path to recovery.

It's a good lesson in patience, and in appreciating everything and every workout I'm able to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment