Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Back At It

Well after a looong weekend where I did little but work and shower and sleep and work and do homework (and a 30 minute run on Monday), I finally had a day off today and was able to get in some good workouts. First was a 1.5k swim as 300s/150k/50s/200p/200s/200p/200s/100sh/100cd. It was a good workout, and I was so happy to be back in the pool! It's funny-when I first learned to swim..2 and a half years ago..I couldn't imagine missing the pool! But the more I stuck with swimming, the more I came to love and appreciate it.

After the swim I hopped on my bike for an easy ride out to the lake and back. I was a little pressed for time so the ride was only 45 minutes, but it was fun! My first ride with my new shoes and new bar tape. The weather kept things interesting too...sun, then wind, then rain, then hail (here is where I had to chuck my sunglasses onto the side of the road, because I couldn't see! Looking back, I probably just should have put them in my jersey pocket..haha..) and after the hail was more sun! So much fun!

After a meeting I hurried over to the Y for a yoga class. It wasn't as intense as I prefer yoga to be, but it's probably for the best that it was more of an hour long stretching session--I sure did need it! I'm hoping I'll be able to fit in one or two classes a week. Yoga really is so amazing.

Good day, all in all! I'm so happy to finally have a solid, steady day of training under my belt. And with a relaxed work schedule the next few weeks, hopefully I'll be able to fit in many more days like this one!

No comments:

Post a Comment