Friday, April 1, 2011

Things I Like: Specialized Toupe Saddle

(Image courtesy of Google Search)

For the past..oh..two months or so, I've been testing all sorts of new saddles. I'd been riding in the WTB Deva since July, and just wasn't loving it. I wasn't even liking it, half the time. The saddle was bulky and had too much padding, and always seemed to rub me in the wrong places (we won't go further with that..). I found myself shifting around a lot, never able to find a comfortable seat.

I tried so many saddles it seems like..I tried the Fizik Versus Antares, the Fizik Vitesse, the Fizik Versus Aliante, the Specialized Romin, the Specialized Toupe, and..uh..I think that's it! It had better be it! I tried the Antares twice, and it was a close second, but ultimately I think I have settled on the Specialized Toupe.

I really appreciate the sweet spots I'm able to find in this saddle, whereas with my Deva it was as though there were no sweet spots (and keep in mind--this is just me! I know a great female cyclist who puts the Deva on all her bikes, and swears by the saddle. A saddle just fits some people, and doesn't fit others!). I also really like the minimalism of the saddle, and that it's fast yet comfortable. The Antares put just a little more pressure on my sits bones, while so far I haven't had any sits bones discomfort in the Toupe. It also allows for a range of movement when necessary. I went on an hour spin after switching saddles yesterday, and loved that I was able to shift in my seat and still stay comfortable.

And, saving the most important factor for last, the Toupe comes in white. And everyone knows a white saddle is faster than a black saddle.

Just kidding.

Kind of.

No comments:

Post a Comment