Thursday, July 15, 2010

Long Week..

I don't remember most of the workouts I did the past 8 days, but I do remember many of them were good. Running's been going well, with some solid half hour runs sans knee pain, breathing issues, stomach cramps, etc. Just the running I needed to get under my belt before I move forward. Biking's going well..Some good rides solo, and with Travis. I'm sick of riding in 90+ degree heat though! Swimming's been interesting. I went to my first Master's swim group on Monday, and had probably the best swim workout of my life. Meant to go again on Wednesday but after a night of tossing and turning I couldn't get myself to function at 5am. Tried to swim later but it was as though I forgot how to swim overnight. After a mile of absolutely pitiful turns, horrible times, and all sorts of other swim catastrophes, I called it a day. I haven't worked out since then...I hit a sort of wall yesterday and there was no way I was getting on my bike as I had planned. today, too, the runners stay by the door and my suit stays hanging upstairs. I really did feel good enough to train today, but I have tons of homework looming over my head and I know I never train as well when I have something looming over me, so I'm taking the day off to get some homework done, and to get excited about training again. I am, really, I'm just trying to figure it all out.

No comments:

Post a Comment